Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game from designer Elizabeth Hargrave and Stonemaier Games. It is the winner of the prestigious 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres award.
You are bird enthusiasts—researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors—seeking to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves. Each bird extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your habitats (actions). These habitats focus on several key aspects of growth:
- Gain food tokens via custom dice in a birdfeeder dice tower
- Lay eggs using egg miniatures in a variety of colors
- Draw from hundreds of unique bird cards and play them
The winner is the player with the most points after 4 rounds.
If you enjoy Terraforming Mars and Gizmos, we think this game will take flight at your table. Please join us in the Wingspan Facebook group to discuss the game!
- 170 unique bird cards (57x87mm)
- 26 bonus cards (57x87mm)
- 16 Automa cards (57x87mm)
- 103 food tokens
- 75 egg miniatures
- 5 custom wooden dice
- 5 player mats
- 1 birdfeeder dice tower
- 2-piece Game Trayz custom tray
- 1 goal mat
- 8 goal tiles
- 1 first-player token
- 40 action cubes (8 per player)
- 1 scorepad (50 sheets; 1 sheet used for all players each game)
- 3 rulebooks (core, Automa, and Appendix)
Wingspan’s box measures 30x30x7cm, and it weighs 2.4 kg.
If you have the first or second printing of the game (i.e., you received your game in April 2019 or earlier), you can get an update pack here.
- Wingspan was released to retailers worldwide on March 8, 2019 (MSRP: $55; SKU: STM900)
- Tabletopia digital version available now
- Tower Rex wooden dice tower
Prints of the bird art can be purchased directly from artist Natalia Rojas.
Copyright 2019 Stonemaier LLC. Wingspan is a trademark of Stonemaier LLC. All Rights Reserved. This content is not authorized for posting on Steam.
Photos courtesy of Kim Euker. Typeface Cardenio Modern designed by Nils Cordes, nilscordes.com. For media requests (interviews), please contact Jamey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth (the game designer) at email@example.com. Review copy requests should follow our standard form procedures.